It's also a great time to try out new recipes (click for recipe)
* Pea&Ham soup, I left it slowly simmering for about 6 hours, just like the Dutch Erwtensoup.
* Vanilla Ice-cream, so simple, no need for an ice-cream maker, or try the Chocolate Ice-cream
* Chocolate chip gingernuts, I've used less ground ginger, but then added chopped up candied ginger.
* Orange blossom Carrot Salad
* Zucchini Slice, I've made so many changes to it that it almost warrants writing my own recipe for it...
(Use yoghurt instead of oil, add a grated carrot, fry bacon and onion before adding to the mixture, the grated cheese is optional).
* Greek crumbed cauliflower, I served these with a mustard/mayo sauce and a large garden salad.
* Currant and spice biscuits
Always something to put in the kids bags for an after-school treat, to bring along for a morning tea. They need about the same time to defrost as it takes to make a cuppa.