21.12.14

Bonbons aka Bliss Balls

I put one of these little chocolate bonbons on the saucer with my husbands coffee. Wow, where did you buy these, came the question. 
Well, I whizzed them up in the kitchen machine. Took me about 5 minutes, and uhm they’re actually quite healthy. No added sugar too...
These “bonbons” are also know as bliss balls. So what’s in them...
I’m not really good with providing recipes, it’s a hand of this a shake of that, hence the photo...
Put the cashew nuts in a kitchen machine with the coconut oil, whiz until it becomes nut butter. Add the (Dutch) cocoa, dates, vanilla paste and cranberries to the mix and whiz again. 
Taste and adjust to your taste, I added 5 dried prunes to the mix for a some extra sweetness. The mixture is still quite wet, this is where the almond meal comes in. Add some and whiz, keep adding until you can roll balls with the mixture. Then do just that, roll away to whichever size you want them. I’ve kept these small like you would with bonbons. Put them in a container, sprinkle with desiccated coconut (I only had flaked left, a whizzed it up, almond flour work too) and gently shake the container until the balls are all covered.
I must say, they’re quite addictive, but also a lot more nourishing then most snacks. I’ve given them to the kids for afternoon tea. But they’re pretty enough to bring along a party or serve with a cuppa. Although perfectly fine at room temp, I keep them in the fridge, but then it’s the middle of summer...
I’ve made several batches. These are with cashews, dried apricot, a couple of dates, coconut oil, vanilla paste and chia seeds. The combinations are endless, utilising the contents of your pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...